Department of Biology
Fort Valley State University
1005 State University Drive
Fort Valley, GA 31030
Office: (478) 827-3254
Fax: (478) 825-6104
- Post-Doctoral Fellowship, Clinical Behavioral Neuroscience and Sleep Medicine, Wesley Woods Geriatric Center, Emory University School of Medicine, and Sleep Diagnostics Center, Morehouse School of Medicine
- PhD, Neuroscience and Biomedical Science, Morehouse School of Medicine
- MS, Molecular Genetics and Biochemistry, Georgia State University
- BS, Biotechnology and German Language, Rochester Institute of Technology
- Assistant Professor of Biology, Fort Valley State University, Fort Valley, GA
- Assistant Professor of Environmental Science and Studies, Spelman College, Atlanta, GA
- Staff Scientist, Schering-Plough (now Merck), Kenilworth, NJ
- Staff Scientist, Procter and Gamble, Cincinnati, OH
- Research Assistant, University of Louisville, Louisville, KY
- Introductory Biology (BIOL 1104)
- Principles of Biology I (BIOL 1107)
- Immunology (BIOL 4263)
- Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy (ZOOL 3214)
- Special Projects in Biology (BIOL 4112)
- Senior Projects (BIOL 4343)
- Sleep Physiology and Sleep-Related Disorders
- Neurotoxicology and Environmental Sciences
- Neural Interface Technologies and Biomedical Engineering
- Neurobiology of Aging
The NeuBE (Neuroscience and Bioengineering) Laboratories at Fort Valley State University are headed by Dr. Felicia Jefferson.
- Price, A., Jones, E., and Jefferson, F. Vertical greenery systems as a strategy in urban heat island mitigation. Water, Air, and Soil Pollution, 226(8): 247-248, 2015.
- McKinney, J.A., Ortiz-Young, D., and Jefferson, F. Gender differences in obstructive sleep apnea and the associated public health burden. Sleep and Biological Rhythms, 13(3): 196-209, 2015.
- Jones, E., Gupta, S., Jefferson, F., Balasubramanian, S., Choi, J., Rogers, J., Bolton, J., and Cochran, D. Chipped pharmaceuticals from production to in vivo (in body) drug delivery; becoming reality.International Journal of Supply Chain Management, 4(1): 49-59, 2015.
- Brown, B.C., Jones, E.C., Clark, K.P., and Jefferson, F. Sleep disturbances and post-traumatic stress disorder in women. Neuroendocrinology Letters, 35(7): 560-566, 2014.
- Jefferson, F., De Jesus, J, Jones, E., Ortiz-Young, D. Evaluating the economic impact of water regulation and sustainability on urban supply chain facility management. International Journal of Supply Chain Management, 3(4): 109-117, 2014.
- Jefferson, F., Ehlen, J., Williams, N., Paul, K. A dopamine D2-receptor agonist attenuates the ability of stress to alter sleep in mice. Endocrinology, 155:4411-4421, 2014.
- Ehlen, J.C., Jefferson, F., Brager, A.J., Benveniste, M, Paul, K.N. Period-amplitude analysis reveals wake-dependent changes in the electroencephalogram during sleep deprivation. Sleep, 36(11):1723-1735, 2013.
- Jefferson, F.A., Xiao, G.H., Hein, D. W. 4-Aminobiphenyl downregulation of NAT2 acetylator genotype–dependent N- and O-acetylation of aromatic and heterocyclic amine carcinogens in primary mammary epithelial cell cultures from rapid and slow acetylator rats. Toxicological Sciences, 107(1): 293-297, 2009.
- Muller, A., Boiter, E., Hu, T., Carr, G.J., Le Ferve, A.C., Marchandeau, J.P., Flor, M., Jefferson, F.A., Aardema, M.A., Thybaud, V. Laboratory variability does not preclude identification of biological functions impacted by hydroxyurea, Environmental and Molecular Mutagenesis: 46(4): 221-235, 2005. 25th Anniversary of Environmental and Molecular Mutagenesis, 2005.